Attachments and Dynamic View

Mark Salamon
Mark Salamon ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have configured a dynamic view to allow the user to display and add attachments.

However, when adding a new record via Dynamic view, the Attachments tab does not appear until AFTER the record is saved. Once the record is saved, then the Attachments tab appears and I can add the attachments and update the record. I would prefer to see the Attachments tab at the time the record is created.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? Am I doing something wrong?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Mark Salamon

This is currently expected behaviour for a Dynamic View (that the attachment option appears after the row has been created). Please provide your feedback and use-case to our Product team by filling in this form, here!

If it's important for your users to upload attachments while also filling out the other fields, I would suggest using a Form based on the underlying sheet as the intake for the View. Then you can have a link to the Dynamic View in the Form's confirmation message. Would that work for you?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• A form alone does not work, as I need the permissioning associated with dynamic views.

I am happy to add an enhancement, but I am confused about the business rule: why only allow an attachment, which is part of data collection, to be added only AFTER the record has been created?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Mark Salamon

Dynamic View is built with different functionality than the core Smartsheet application; I can't speak to how the functionality is created or what's possible to configure, so providing your feedback to the Product team is the best way to submit your requests for review. Thank you for filling out the form!