Create date-based alert with more than 1 date field

Hello,

I need to create date-based alert with 2 date-fields - alert when a project is 2 weeks before either "Requested Date" or "Actual Planning Date". However it seems the trigger setup only limits to one date field to select - is there any suggestion for how to solve this?

PS: I'm currently creating 2 alerts, one per each field; but since besides 2 week alert, I also need alert for 1 week before, 3 days before, and 2 days before - if every one doubles, it's kinda too much and overwhelming for the team to track.

Thank you for your help!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @helen helen

I hope you're well and safe!

You could add a so-called helper column with a formula checking both dates and then use that for the Alert instead.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mr. K
    Mr. K ✭✭
    edited 07/22/21

Hi @Andrée Starå

Hoping you are safe and well.

Can you kindly help with a similar issue, where my mind tells me it can be done without formulas.

1. Client returns specific document today - Field Name is Doc Returned Date
    2. I want the system to remind me to send feedback or alternatively to trigger a standard feedback email to the client 10 days after Returned Date?

Thank you in advance.

PharaK

After sending the above, I just drafted automation.

1. I added a A checkbox field Named 'Doc Returned? and a Date Field called Alert Date
    2. Trigger is when "Doc Returned?" is checked and Condition is Where Alert Date is a date

Therefore when document is returned I check the box and set Alert Date 10 days after?

I think this will work - agree?