Update requests not sending emails

Options

I have been sending update request out to have people do some updates but recently its not sending out the emails to people. I even sent one to myself. I get the notification in Smartsheet but no email. I check my permissions and email notifications and all are good. I also check the automation and its set to unrestricted. I also checked the status and it all green. I even checked my spam folder and there's nothing there. Does anyone have an idea?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Chad Guevremont

I hope you're well and safe!

What Smartsheet plan do you have?

Have you sent a lot of notifications?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Chad Guevremont
    edited 05/18/21
    Options

@Andrée Starå ,

I believe were working on the business plan. I've sent and received update request before fine, its just maybe the last several day or so nothing. I even sent manual requests and I get nothing as am email. I have gotten them as notifications in Smartsheet but nothing outside of Smartsheet. No emails saying that its there no update forms sent to email nothing. I looked around and I tried all the normal check permissions and such and there all good set fine. I'm just not getting the emails and I'm not the only one.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Chad Guevremont

Strange!

I'd recommend checking with your IT department if it's something with your email.

If that doesn't help, and If you haven’t already, I recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

Let me know what you find out.

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Chad Guevremont Hello, I have been having same issue. Some of me colleagues were receiving the update requests in past but all of sudden they have not been receiving the emails. Were you able to solve your issue that can help me? Thank you in advance for your help.

• Klyde N
    Options

Notifications were sending fine all day on 4/18/24 -nearly instantly. As of 4/19 Single row ‘Run Now’ update requests triggered through the automated workflows aren’t being delivered - although the pop ups indicate they ran successfully. This includes items being directed to the contact’s valid email or to myself. Is there a suggestion on what might have changed or specifically what we are to ask of IT? Based on other postings this issue seems to come and go with spans of time that work perfectly OK in between. Any additional guidance is much appreciated.