People Are Getting Notification Multiples

I have a purchase request workspace on our departments Smartsheet. All is working great except for one major issue/annoyance. Anytime something is submitted, the manager receiving the request for approval receives anywhere from 4-7 requests. Anytime anyone receives any notifications from this sheet, they receive 4-7 requests.

It's gotten annoying and I can't figure out why this is doing it.

Basically, we have 6 divisions in our department. I have an approval flow set for each division. There is a condition that checks what management level submitted the request and then asks the level above for approval, then it continues to the next level up until the senior manager approves. So if a supervisor submits, then it needs to be approved by the assistant manager, manager and then the senior manager.

I'm drawing a blank on why these multiple notifications are being sent. Anyone have any idea??

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/19/21

Hi @Ryan W 

Hope you are fine, could you please share a screenshot of your workflow.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Ryan W

I hope you're well and safe!

It sounds to me like you have conflicting workflows.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Ryan W
    Ryan W ✭✭✭✭

I included an overview with boxes that correspond to the pictures.

I've been asked to redo this if I can't figure out the duplicate issue.

• Ryan W
    Ryan W ✭✭✭✭

I thank you so much for even looking at this and helping out an untrained person at this.

Today is my last day before a much needed week vacation, so if anyone responds after today then I won't get it until next week. But I still do enjoy all feedback.