dashboard shared in Teams access to links

Hi Experts,

I plan to add a dashboard as a Teams tab ( limited access only to people part of this Team) on this dashboard I would like to place links to other smartsheet sheets.

The dashboard and all sheet links on this dashboard, should be able to open only for the Teams member.

Is this workable?

I don't plan to create Tabs in Teams for all sheets as I have to many taps. Therefore I would like to use the dashboard as the "entrance door" to the other sheets.

I also would like to avoid to share the separate sheets with every single person as it's a big group and they change as well.

Any idea how this could work?

Thanks

Christine

Best Answer

• Christine Menke
    Answer ✓

HI Khalil,

thanks for your answer. If I use the dynamic view, I have to create a copy of the Teams Group right? Means I need to maintain 2 groups on in Teams and one in smartsheet.

Is it not possible to work/sharing it only in TEAMS.

Thanks

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/20/21

Hi @Christine Menke

Hope you are fine, i advise you to use the Dynamic View app it will give you great security control on your sheets, reports, and Dashboards, and always try to use the Groups in sharing permission it's easier to control the sharing.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Christine Menke
    Answer ✓

HI Khalil,

thanks for your answer. If I use the dynamic view, I have to create a copy of the Teams Group right? Means I need to maintain 2 groups on in Teams and one in smartsheet.

Is it not possible to work/sharing it only in TEAMS.

Thanks

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Christine Menke

I mean you need to create groups in smartsheet then share the permission by the group, not by the users.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"