How can i create a unique reference number or a unique id after end user submit a webform ?

Able to create “designated reference number” to the webform at the confirmation message after customers submit the webform

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Monali Das

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add the system column, Auto-Number, and then use the Placeholder feature to include it in an Alert Workflow that sends to the submitter.

More info: 

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic day!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree, thanks for the tips on this one.

Would the submitter have to add there e-mail address or have their name in a contact list in order that the workflow could trigger after the form submission (new row added) and send an alert to that specific individual with the placeholder?

or is there a simpler workflow that can auto notify following a form submission?

would appreciate your input.

thanks

• Jon Mark H
    Jon Mark H ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Processsmart -

Since the Auto-numbering takes place after/as the row is created, yes the user submitting the form would have to do one of the following (3rd option is simplest, but will only work if all users submitting on the form are Smartsheet users)

1.) Input their E-mail address

2.) Or it would have to already have their contact information in the sheet to be alerted to the workflow

3.) Or - you could set up the form so that ONLY smartsheet users can submit on it & use the "Created By" column to pull their e-mail address automatically & alert them with the information.

-Jon Mark