Chart Dashboard Widget from Sheet Summary Report

Sing C
Sing C ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 05/21/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I have a number of project plans in different workspaces. Each project plan is built from a template and they all have the same sheet summary fields, 3 of which are Overall Health, Schedule Health, and Scope Health. These are "red, yellow, green" symbol fields.

Separately I have a project tracker which is populated by an intake form - and there are additional fields to capture information that the requestor isn't asked to provide.

I have a portfolio level dashboard which provides data on each project through widgets which pull from sheet summary reports sourced from each project plan, etc.

What I'd like to do is to have a chart widget on the dashboard to show projects by status (red, yellow, or green). I know there is no cross-sheet linking available to sheet summary fields - this would have been useful to reference the health sheet summary fields in each project to their corresponding row in the project tracker and build the chart metric off these fields in the project tracker sheet.

It also doesn't look like it's possible to create a chart metric off a grouped report.

Wonder if anyone has any suggestions?

Sing Chen

Process Architect, Dayforce

LinkedIn

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Sing Chen

I hope you're well and safe!

At the moment, you would have to link the data from the Sheet Summary to the sheet and then either use cross-sheet formulas or cell-linking to collect everything in one so-called Master Metric Sheet and then use that for the Chart. Another option depending on what you want to show, could be a report instead of the Master Metric Sheet.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers