Filtering the sheet according to leftmost system column content: Comments, Attachments, Proofs, etc.

Eddie
Eddie ✭✭
edited 05/24/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I need to put a filter to the sheet to see only the rows including "Comments" (Comments in conversation, not comment column added manually). The question may be extended to filtering:

·        Locked rows,

·        Including proof rows,

·        Including attachments,

·        Update requests,

·        Etc. (whatever available in the first (leftmost) system column))

It should be available in the leftmost system column's three-dots (kebab) menu of each item but it is not there. There is only "Hide menu" option without any filtering feature.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• Jen Lange
    Jen Lange ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @E.B. The ability to filter your sheet by conversations isn't available in the column right-click menu; however, if you create a sheet filter for the row to only display rows that "has comments", I think you'll achieve your goal.

Let me know if this is helpful. Thanks!

-Jen

Answers

• Jen Lange
    Jen Lange ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @E.B. The ability to filter your sheet by conversations isn't available in the column right-click menu; however, if you create a sheet filter for the row to only display rows that "has comments", I think you'll achieve your goal.

Let me know if this is helpful. Thanks!

-Jen

• Eddie
    Eddie ✭✭

Hi @Jen Lange ,

Thanks for your support. Your answer perfectly solves my problem. Indeed, it's better than I expected because I can create and save my filters for the long run.

It was surprising for me that I overlooked the "row" option in the new filter menu. I think this is because when you click on the pop up menu, the cursor is already on the "row" and the right-side selections are empty. That's why I thought it was the main menu. If the current position were empty and "row" option were in the second line, definitely it would be more eye-catching. Anyway, thanks a lot for your great support.

Regards,

• Jen Lange
    Jen Lange ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 05/25/21

That's great. @E.B.

Also, thank you for your engagement and contribution to our community. Your inquiry is likely to assist other members across time AND it helps me flex my skills.

-Jen