Gantt View data for sheet via api

I am trying to get data for a sheet which is repesented in the Gantt View. Since the ganttview already shows all the milestones and tasks that are under the milestones, getting that data would reduce our calculation by a huge chunk. any idea how can I do this via the api?

The get sheets endpoint has include=ganttConfig but that only returns the configuration and no data related to ganttview

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Madhu Vummidi

Can you clarify what it is you're specifically looking to retrieve? You can use Get Sheet to return row information from a specific sheet.

Since the Gantt View is created by looking at these rows, you should be able to use information from the rows to filter what data you want to bring back: for example, if the row is part of the Critical Path ("inCriticalPath" is "True") or if it is after a certain Row Number (rowNumber). See the Array Values under Rows in the Response section for Get Sheet: https://smartsheet.redoc.ly/tag/sheets#operation/getSheet

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Hi Genevieve,

We are already fetching the entire sheet data as part of integrations, the part I am looking at is the milestones.. from raw sheet data there is no way of telling which row belongs to which milestone while it is being shown in the Gantt chart but not represented in the API.

Basically the link between a row (which in our case is a task) and a milestone which is correctly displayed no Gantt. which tasks fall under which milestones.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Madhu Vummidi

You're correct, from the API the information you can gather is the Row Number and if that specific row is a part of the Critical Path. If you know the details of the milestone names, then you can find out what rows are below that milestone by the Row Number.

As an alternative, you could create a Report in Smartsheet to identify the rows you're looking for, then use the API off of that Report instead of the source sheet.

Or, you could create a "helper column" which uses a formula to return the Milestone Name in the same row as the associated with it. Then you can use the information returned in the formula as part of your API search.

Cheers,

Genevieve