Can I automatically start a comment conversation with a person from a cell field? Not Email.

I would like a comment conversation to automatically start when a new row in entered. I would like the conversation to start with a person selected in a cell value. I want it to be a conversation, Not an automated email.

Thanks in advance for all ideas!

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Dennis Elsbury 

Hope you are fine, you can trigger an update request includes the comments field.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Dennis Elsbury

@Bassam Khalil is correct; the way to start the conversation automatically would be to send an Update Request to the person in that cell. The Update Request would be an email, but it would open up a form that allows them to add a comment and start the Conversation.

Otherwise, there currently isn't a way directly in Smartsheet to automatically have a comment applied to a row when a row is created. You could potentially look into using Bridge by Smartsheet to create this automation (there is a module that adds a comment to a row), the Smartsheet API, or other third party applications such as Zapier.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now