Smartsheet and salesforce integration.

Ravi Sagar
Ravi Sagar ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I need help and suggestion for one of the scenario. So, on smart sheet for each project we have some total risk and total issue counts. Now we want to get this data integrated on salesforce (integration will be enabled) . So now I need suggestion and steps how do we do this. 

option 1: create salesforce connecter for each project where we have these counts. 

option 2: Create a single master sheet to collect all the counts of all projects and then create the salesforce connector .

If you have any other better approach OR the correction to above suggestion please help to put this step by step to be followed. It will be great help and learning for me and all.

Note: I also have a master sheet which is connected to sales-force and pulling information from SF into smart sheet. If this sheet can be further utilized in some way but not complicating the process please let me also know that as well.

If have any questions please let me know.

Awaiting response. 

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ravi Sagar

Without knowing too much about your process, it sounds like option 2 could work well, where you have one master sheet that the Connector is working off of. However this may depend on your goals and how your sheets are already set up.

This type of question may be best answered over a screen share, and I can see that based on your account you have access to booking Pro Desk sessions. These are 30-minute coaching sessions where you can share your current set-up and ask for advice on the two different options. I would recommend booking one of these under the second category, "Connectors, Premium Apps, & Extended functionality", here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk

Your Pro Desk booking code will be the same code you use to access the Center of Excellence; the System Admin for your organization should know this code if you do not.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Ravi Sagar

Without knowing too much about your process, it sounds like option 2 could work well, where you have one master sheet that the Connector is working off of. However this may depend on your goals and how your sheets are already set up.

This type of question may be best answered over a screen share, and I can see that based on your account you have access to booking Pro Desk sessions. These are 30-minute coaching sessions where you can share your current set-up and ask for advice on the two different options. I would recommend booking one of these under the second category, "Connectors, Premium Apps, & Extended functionality", here: https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk

Your Pro Desk booking code will be the same code you use to access the Center of Excellence; the System Admin for your organization should know this code if you do not.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now