Conditional Formating Question

Hello,

I have a sheet where from columns 1 through 10, I want to apply the same condition but only want to highlight a cell, not a row.

Example,

Column 1, Row 1 = A, then color the cell red. Any other Column/Row combo where the value = A, color it red.

Logic:

A = Red, B = Green, C= Blue, D=Yellow, E = Brown

What is the best way to do this? I do not want to write the same conditions across all ten columns.

Thanks,

Amy

Best Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Evans 

Hope you are fine, you need to create 5 Conditional Formating rule for each column (A = Red, B = Green, C= Blue, D=Yellow, E = Brown). that's mean 50 Conditional Formating rule in your sheet.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Amy Evans
    Amy Evans ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello - thanks. That's a lot of work!

Amy

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Amy Evans 

Hope you are fine, you need to create 5 Conditional Formating rule for each column (A = Red, B = Green, C= Blue, D=Yellow, E = Brown). that's mean 50 Conditional Formating rule in your sheet.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Amy Evans
    Amy Evans ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello - thanks. That's a lot of work!

Amy

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Amy Evans

Yes 😀 May God helps you.

could you please ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". 

PMP Certified