Smartsheet Forms

Hi Team,

I have created a Smartsheet form basically a survey, is there a way to capture who all have sent the survey to whom? we are using the email feature while sending the survey, as of now it only captures the filled responses, I want to find out , how many surveys have we sent and how many have responded.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @UrbanNomad

I hope you're well and safe!

How are you sending/sharting the forms?

Have you explored using Update Requests instead?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• UrbanNomad
    UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå Thanks for the quick response, I have created a form, current state, click on share form and select email, send it to recipients, the form is going to be used by 5 PMs who would send this survey at the end of each project, I need visibility into, who sent the survey and to who, as of now it doesn't capture, once the survey is responded, it captures the data.

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator

Hello @UrbanNomad

Hope all is well! May you please clarify the "who sent the survey & to who." Is this an automation workflow thats doing the sending to recipients or are these manually then by "click on Share Form, select email then send it to recipients?

If its automated then technically whoever created that workflow is the one sending it & the recipient will depend on what is placed in the recipient field.

If the 5 PMs are the ones sending these forms manually to recipients, at this time there is no way to capture who's doing these actions. Please submit an enhancement request to be considered for future development.

In the meantime, I recommend having a helper columns in the sheet for the 5 PMs to check off when they are sending the survey and to who they are sending it to so you can keep track. As of right now, you're only going to see how many has been submitted. You may also look into adding a field in the form to put the user's email or name so you know who is filling out the form.

Cheers,

Krissia

• UrbanNomad
    UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

@Krissia All the 5 PMs would eventually send a survey once their project is closed, recipients are project stakeholders, they are sending it manually by sending an email and including the survey link.

I guess I'll have to track them manually.

• Adrian Backus
    Adrian Backus ✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå's recommendation to use an update request could work for your use case.

If your survey doesn't have conditional logic, you could use one sheet that sends an update request when a contact is filled in and captures your data by having your survey questions as column headers.

Alternatively, you could use a sheet with the contact information and a status column to track who has been contacted and separate it from the data collection form. You could then create a trigger which sends an update request which links to your survey form. With a vlookup, you could crossreference respondents against people you sent the survey to as long as a single respondent isn't submitting multiple surveys.

• UrbanNomad
    UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå Here's my setup:

we use a project template for all our projects, as soon as a project is closed, there is a separate survey link created in Smartsheet, we send that survey link through Gmail.

If I understand it correctly your second approach is: In my project template I need to add a contact field, where the recipients details are stored, create a trigger which then sends a survey from Smartsheet mailbox? is that correct?

For the first approach, my survey doesn't have any conditional logic, do you mean in my survey form add another contact field and trigger or create another sheet? could you please elaborate more.

Thank you so much for your suggestion.