Percentage of a number within a cell

In Excel, I can utilize the following formula to find the percentage of a number.

Input =H5*30.1%

Output $11,371.11

When H5=$37,777.78

However, in Smartsheet, the formula does not copy over and when the formula is manually entered in Smartsheet, it tells me that it is unparseable. Manually doing the calculation defeats the purpose of using Smartsheet. I suspect there is another formula that can do this same calculation. Please help.

Thanks.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/05/21 Answer ✓

Hi Shawna,

The formula in Smartsheets would refer to a column and row in place of H5. If you want the data in column [Quantity] multiplied by 30.1% the formula would be:

=Quantity@row * .301

If you column name has a space or special character it needs to be in square brackets [ ], e.g. [quantity sold]@row.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 06/05/21 Answer ✓

Hi Shawna,

The formula in Smartsheets would refer to a column and row in place of H5. If you want the data in column [Quantity] multiplied by 30.1% the formula would be:

=Quantity@row * .301

If you column name has a space or special character it needs to be in square brackets [ ], e.g. [quantity sold]@row.

Help?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Ah! Yes, thank you so much!

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Shawna, Glad you found a solution. Thank you for contributing to the Community. Happy to help anytime.

Mark

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!