How do I add 'other' option to a dropdown list in a form with the ability to add text?

I have created a form in Smartsheet and one of the required fields has a dropdown list of multiple items to choose from. I would like to include the option - 'other, please specify.' How can I keep this in the dropdown list and incorporate the ability for the user to add text to specify what other is?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Deborah Berwaldt

I hope you're well and safe!

You'd have to either let the user write the option in the dropdown field or use the "Other, please specify", and add another column (maybe through form logic) where they add the value, but you might need to add a so-called helper column depending on how you want to show it in the sheet.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.