Published Pages - How to clear and inactivate (delete) old URL links so they can't be viewed

I had made revisions to a dashboard I created but noticed that previous URL's with the old format are still active and i can view that old format. How do I remove those URL links from Smartsheet cache so they no longer work ?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rick Girard

If you are making edits directly to the original dashboard, any URL accessing that Dashboard (either as a Published link or the direct URL) will show the new, updated content. There is only one Published URL associated with a Dashboard. (Note: A published dashboard will automatically refresh once every 10 minutes. See: Publish a Dashboard)

If it doesn't show the new content, make sure you have saved the Dashboard edits and then re-fresh the page you have open with the published URL.

However, if you're making edits by duplicating the Dashboard (with "Save as New") then you will want to delete the previous Dashboard item so that users cannot access it anymore.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're experiencing!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Rick Girard

If you are making edits directly to the original dashboard, any URL accessing that Dashboard (either as a Published link or the direct URL) will show the new, updated content. There is only one Published URL associated with a Dashboard. (Note: A published dashboard will automatically refresh once every 10 minutes. See: Publish a Dashboard)

If it doesn't show the new content, make sure you have saved the Dashboard edits and then re-fresh the page you have open with the published URL.

However, if you're making edits by duplicating the Dashboard (with "Save as New") then you will want to delete the previous Dashboard item so that users cannot access it anymore.

Let me know if I've misunderstood what you're experiencing!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now