Reporting

sue.luikens64366
edited 06/16/21 in Smartsheet Basics

We manage several hundred projects that we report on in numerous ways. When new projects are added, we must also add them to each report criteria. Is there a way to define a project group that you could use in your reports that would allow you to just update the project group and apply to all reports using that project group? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @sue.luikens64366

I hope you're well and safe!

If you reference the Workspace, all sheets would be included.

Make sense?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you for your response. Each project sheet (example of our template attached) is stored in it's own workspace together with related sheets, reports and a dashboard. Referencing the workspace would only capture an individual project rather than the 200+ project sheets that we want to include. I am looking for a way to group all related projects together in a report group and then reference just that report group when creating or editing a report so it includes all 200+ projects in the report data. Our process today requires that we select those projects individually and when we add a new group of projects (4 or 5 a week), we have to go into each report we have created to add the new projects.