Calendar App: Creating a marketing calendar

System
System Employee
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations
This discussion was created from comments split from: Trouble with Calendar App Group Data.

Answers

• Mimi Y.
    Mimi Y.
    edited 06/16/21

Hi there. Thank you for providing the instructional link above. https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2476776-keep-teams-organized-smartsheet-calendar-app

Any help anyone can offer would be so greatly appreciated.

Here's where I need help: I am creating a marketing calendar, and need a tertiary column to group by, so that in the view, there are 3 columns in the left margin.

• Examples:
    • 1) Region (North America, Latin America, Asia, etc.)
    • 2) Event Type (Social / Email / Live)
    • 3) Sub Event (Social: Twitter, Facebook / Email: Members, Purchased list / Live Events: Musical / Concerts, Theatrical / Movie Openings, Community Outreach)
    • In your image below (provided in your instructions), I see there are two data elements your calendar template can group by: "Group Data By" and "Secondary Grouping". I need a 3rd grouping.

Here's my sample calendar and where I would like to insert the grouping 3rd column.

Thanks. Mimi

• Hi @Mimi Y.

There currently are only two Groupings that you can colour-code by in the Calendar App, as you've found. Please let our Product team know of your feature request by filling in this form, here!

One way to help organize your data would be to add another column in your sheet as a sort of "helper column". This would add together the text in your Event Type column and your Sub Event to list both in one cell, so the final value would appear like so:

Social - Twitter

Social - Facebook

Email - Members ... etc.

Then you can use this helper column as the second Grouping in your App. Does that make sense?

Let me know if this will work for you, or if you need help creating the formula for the helper column.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Hi there, Genevie. thank you for your response. Yes, I have done the concatenation, however, that doesn't allow me to easily (without customization or creating lookup tables), sum $s from subcategories which are represented under multiple categories or regions. Thanks also for the request for enhancements form / link. I'll definitely submit something when I have a chance. Mimi