Forms and Automation with Contact Type Cell

I want to have clients submit a form which includes their name and contact information, and then set recurring update requests to be sent to their emails. I tried to accomplish this by creating two different (Text type) fields on the form, one for Name and one for Email address, but the Update request automation cannot be automatically sent to the email address they entered in the form becuase the cell type is not a Contact type cell. (it seems you can only send automated emails to a contact at a particular row if the cell type is a contact type cell)

When I tried to add a contact type cell to the form in the hopes that the form would prompt the form user to enter both their name and email, it seems that did not work either. (I would have to manually go into each row that was entered and add their email addresses for them.

Any workarounds here?

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Just for clarification, if you have the name as a text field on the form and the email as a contact field on the form it isn't collecting that correctly?

I ask be cause we have a form that has been used for a few years at this point that is set up that way and we are able to use the automation and do not need to enter any of this manually after the form is submitted.

• KMan1190
    KMan1190 ✭✭✭✭

That worked! I was using the Contact cell for their name and not for their email address. When it is used for their email address it does pick up on that and then I should be able to run my automation. Thank you!