Can workflows include rules to move rows only if not present on the recipeint sheet?

Hi, I am creating a "customer information system", where the customer will fill out a form with contact information ext. It will populate a sheet with added info including ticketnumber and delivery document information. I want to create a workflow that will copy the customers contact info and name into another sheet named "Contact list". I only want it to copy the contact info if it is not currently on the contact list sheet, as we have repeated customers that will be entered into the first sheet and I dont want to have lots of duplicates in the contact list. Is this possible to set up within the workflow?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jordan

I hope you're well and safe!

You could use a cross-sheet formula (VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH) to check if the Customer is added already and reference it as a condition in the Workflow, so the row isn't copied if the Customer is added.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.