Unable to display chart error

Kim Goldsmith
Kim Goldsmith ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/29/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I am creating a duplicate dashboard to one previously created. I add the source sheet and it looks fine. When I save it, the source sheet is gone and it says "unable to display chart". Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

Update: I found a workaround by switching to classic and adding the source sheets. I could also switch back and save it without the source sheets missing.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kim Goldsmith

This sounds like unexpected behaviour; if you're able to update your Dashboard as expected in the classic version, you should be able to update the Dashboard in the new version without an issue.

If this persists, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures (or, if possible, a screen recording) of the issue, identifying what widget you are using and providing them with the underlying sheet URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kim Goldsmith

This sounds like unexpected behaviour; if you're able to update your Dashboard as expected in the classic version, you should be able to update the Dashboard in the new version without an issue.

If this persists, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures (or, if possible, a screen recording) of the issue, identifying what widget you are using and providing them with the underlying sheet URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve