Unable to display chart error

Kim Goldsmith
Kim Goldsmith ✭✭✭
edited 06/29/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I am creating a duplicate dashboard to one previously created. I add the source sheet and it looks fine. When I save it, the source sheet is gone and it says "unable to display chart". Is this a known issue and is there a fix?

Update: I found a workaround by switching to classic and adding the source sheets. I could also switch back and save it without the source sheets missing.

Tags:

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kim Goldsmith

This sounds like unexpected behaviour; if you're able to update your Dashboard as expected in the classic version, you should be able to update the Dashboard in the new version without an issue.

If this persists, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures (or, if possible, a screen recording) of the issue, identifying what widget you are using and providing them with the underlying sheet URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kim Goldsmith

This sounds like unexpected behaviour; if you're able to update your Dashboard as expected in the classic version, you should be able to update the Dashboard in the new version without an issue.

If this persists, I would recommend reaching out to Smartsheet Support with screen captures (or, if possible, a screen recording) of the issue, identifying what widget you are using and providing them with the underlying sheet URL.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• I am having this same issue.

The dashboard has been working properly since it was built with no issues. Sometime in the last week it started with this error. I can go in and redo the chart and set it up how I need it to display and I can save it. After a few seconds of displaying the correct information it goes back to this error.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @jamie44

It looks like this has to do with the formulas you're using in the back-end, not the Dashboard. I see that you have a lot of #calculating errors.

The first thing I would check is how complex those sheets are, and if you can make them less complex. My guess, based on your images, is that it's taking too long for your formulas to calculate.

See: Issue: My sheet is slow to load

Cheers,

Genevieve