Milestone diamond to be displayed within Parent Timeline in the Gantt View

Options

Background:

I have a Project plan where I have my project/features out team is working on. There are two milestone task under every feature:

Feature#123

Task#1

Task#2

SIT(Configured as milestone with duration 0 and startdate)

QA(Configured as milestone with duration 0 and startdate)

Prod(Configured as milestone with duration 0 and startdate)

Note: End date of the feature matches SIT date. But still we want to track when a certain feature will go to QA and Prod.

From this project plan I am creating a Feature Delivery Date report and ultimately I am plugging that information to a dashboard. I am pulling Feature name, QA and Prod tasks with in those features.

Problem Statement:

In my Gantt view in the Feature Delivery Date report, I am seeing three rows - Feature name, QA and Prod. And what I want to see is just the feature name and with in the timeline of Feature, I want QA and Prod Diamond(as they are milestone). I dont want to see QA and Prod as two separate lines

Attaching the image of how its looking right now. I want QA and Prod to show up where I present those green circles.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Answers

• Jaykel Torres
    Options

Hello @Gaganjyot Kaur,

It sounds like you want to display a Parent Row with a graphical image of its Children Row's Milestones within a single Row on a Report. We don't currently have this functionality, but you may submit an Enhancement Request via this form for our Product Team to consider for development. We appreciate your input!

We typically communicate about new or improved features once they've been released. Depending on the nature of the changes, we announce through email, in-product messaging, or via announcements here at the Smartsheet Community.

At any time, you can see a list of past updates in our Release Notes(https://www.smartsheet.com/release-notes) on the Smartsheet website.

I hope this helps!

Jaykel