Can a smartsheet be set up to trigger another smartsheet based on a "yes" answer?

I have a smartsheet that has a list of questions - drop down is Yes or No. If Yes is selected I would like that to trigger another sheet and automatically "send an update request" to the person that selected the originating "yes". Is this possible?

Thanks!

Marlene

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/07/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Marlene Koellner

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that by using Index with Match function in the sheet you need to trigger the update request on to collect the user selection from your intake sheet then you can design the workflow to send the update request by using the collected criteria.

if you like i can help you to created by i need an access with admin permission to a sample sheet  (after removing or replacing any sensitive information).

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/07/21 Answer ✓

Hi @Marlene Koellner

Hope you are fine, yes you can do that by using Index with Match function in the sheet you need to trigger the update request on to collect the user selection from your intake sheet then you can design the workflow to send the update request by using the collected criteria.

if you like i can help you to created by i need an access with admin permission to a sample sheet  (after removing or replacing any sensitive information).

My Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"