Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Formula vs Conditional Formatting

Options
Laura
Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping conditional formatting could solve this but can we do IF/AND on conditional formatting? If not, what would the formula look like? 

If the End Date is in the Past AND % Complete is NOT 100% change End Date Font Red. 

Currently, I have a formula that will flag "At Risk" column if the date is in the past and % complete is not 100% THEN I have conditional formatting set to change the End Date to bold and red IF the At Risk column is flagged.

Is this the simplest solution?

Comments

• Mitch.Shaffer
    Options

Yes, that is the simplest/only way to adjust the formatting on your sheet.

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • John Creason
    Options

April -

You can do this without adding that "At Risk" column.  Here are the steps:

Step 1:

Create the rule based just on the Start date - if in the past, apply RED format to the End Date column

Step 2:

You'll see that new rule in the list.  Now click on the button next to your rule.  You'll get a menu of additional actions.

From the menu, click add And Condition

You'll see that the rule definition now includes a new <set condition> link which needs to be configured.

Click on the <set condition> link in the rule and add %Complete is less than 1.

This will get you what you're after without having to maintain formulas in that extra column.

Hope that helps.

John

• Laura
    Laura ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
This discussion has been closed.