Advanced Filtering by MAX value

Options

Hi all

I've created a report and wanted to know if there is a way to show unique rows by the highest date value

For example - below I would like to see the bottom table as my report (colours are just to show the matching rows - they are not part of the conditions required) where only the unique rows are pulled through (unique value in Date of Check column)

or would there be a way I could create a helper column in the source grid which looks at multiple columns and identifies which one has the latest date of all the rows that match otherwise?

Thanks

Dan

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Helper columns are the solution. Add a text/number column [Join] with the formula:

=JOIN(name@row:location@row, ", ")

Add a checkbox column [report] with the formula:

=IF([all checks complete]@row="N", 0, IF(countifs(join:join, join@row)=1, 1, IF(countifs(join:join, join@row, [date of check]:[date of check], @cell>[date of check]@row)>0, 0, 1))

Filter your report to include [report]=1.

Work for you?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Daniel,

Helper columns are the solution. Add a text/number column [Join] with the formula:

=JOIN(name@row:location@row, ", ")

Add a checkbox column [report] with the formula:

=IF([all checks complete]@row="N", 0, IF(countifs(join:join, join@row)=1, 1, IF(countifs(join:join, join@row, [date of check]:[date of check], @cell>[date of check]@row)>0, 0, 1))

Filter your report to include [report]=1.

Work for you?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Didn't we already figure this out the other day HERE? Or were you looking for something different?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!