Cannot find "Current User" filter in report?

Hi there - I have built a simple report that should pull & show one line of user/viewer-specific information from the report in a dashboard. I have found many articles referencing Contact List and Current User filters in the report, which should enable the view I'm looking for on the dashboard but I don't see either of these options in the filter choices. Help please!

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Emily Young

Is Name/Nom a contact field? To use current user, you must be referencing a contact field. Once a contact field is selected, HAS ONE OF will show Current User as an option

cheers

• Thanks @KDM! What if the Name/Nom column is the primary column as well? I know I can't change the settings of a primary column to make it a Contact Type...

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Emily Young

Depending on how your Name in the primary column is being entered (is it a name or an email address?), you can add a helper column that equals your primary column. If the person's name is the same person that created the row, add a System column and choose Created By as the system category. Using Created By assumes that either a person is adding the information directly to a smartsheet grid, or, if using a form, you have the form settings set to force the person to log in as a smartsheet user.

If the Name column is only a person's name, you need to collect their email address in a contact field, or allow them to select their contact name. There will be occasional errors if people have to manually enter their own email address.

If any of these options appeal to you and you any additional info before you implement, shout out. I'll be happy to help.

cheers

Kelly