Published Dashboard on Expired Account

Once I publish a dashboard and embed it into a webpage or have the link and my account expires does that make it unavailable to view? Or once it's published and the link is distributed is it open to viewing permanently?

Answers

• Hi @Alexander Heath

What happens to your Smartsheet items will depend on how you close your account.

If you don't cancel your account but let it change from a paid account to a Free account, then all of your Smartsheet items (including Dashboards) will become Read-Only for 30 days and then they will be deleted.

This means that after 30 days that published link will no longer be viewable, since the source data does not exist anymore. (See: Summary of cancelation options.)

In order to ensure your Dashboard stays viewable through a Published link, you'll want to transfer this item to a Smartsheet user who has a paid license. You can still be a collaborator on a Free account, but in order to own items (so they aren't deleted after 30 days), the account needs to be paid or licensed. (See: Change Ownership of a Sheet, Report, or Dashboard)

Does that make sense? Let me know if I can clarify anything further!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now