Is it better to have multiple automation rules vs. one rule with multiple conditions?

I have a sheet that tracks resource requests and fulfillment. There is status column that is used to also indicate to which supplier the request was made to and it triggers the notification. For example, when that status changes to Supplier A, a notification is sent to Supplier A as well. In terms of sheet performance, is it faster to have multiple automations setup or rather to have one automation but multiple conditions?

Example: Rule 1 = Send to Supplier A when status changes to "Supplier A", Rule 2 = Send to Supplier B when status changes to "Supplier B" and so on, versus

Rule 1 = When status changes to Any Value, test for condition Status = Supplier A or Supplier B etc.

These automations are set to send when triggered and not hourly/daily/weekly.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Sharon,

There's a correct techie answer about processor efficiency but I don't know if it matters. Having separate automation is usually easier to manage if you need to find an error or make a change. Complex automatons are more difficult. I'd keep them separated.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.