If Column is X / then take sum of cell and divide by other cell

Tori Scholly
edited 07/09/21 in Smartsheet Basics

I am looking for a formula that IF the cell in the column is "yes" then take the sum of associated cell's number and divide it by another cell. Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Tori Scholly

Please try the following formula and you can scrolled it down to calculate the other rows because i fixed the main cell that you divide the number on ( $9,912,839.00 )

=IFERROR(IF([Data in Sparklight]@row = "Yes", [Planned Investment]@row / $[Planned Investment]$2), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tori Scholly

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• @Bassam Khalil See image below!

In column "test" if "data in" column is yes then I want the associated monetary amount from planned investment divided by the the parent number (the $9,912,839)

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tori Scholly 

Please copy the formula you are using here to check why it's give you this error

PMP Certified

• Tori Scholly
    edited 07/09/21

@Bassam Khalil Here is what I have right now. I tired this one not sure if that is the right track.

=IF(Data in@row = "yes", [Planned Investment]@row / [Planned Investment]2)

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

@Tori Scholly

Please try the following formula and you can scrolled it down to calculate the other rows because i fixed the main cell that you divide the number on ( $9,912,839.00 )

=IFERROR(IF([Data in Sparklight]@row = "Yes", [Planned Investment]@row / $[Planned Investment]$2), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

• @Bassam Khalil This worked. Thank you for the help!

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tori Scholly 

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time, Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

PMP Certified