Symbol for Status

Hello,

I am trying to create a formula using symbols (bubbles) to indicate "red" after a due date has reached, "yellow" when it reaches 90 days before the due date, "green" when it is more than 90 days before the due date. I used the following formula but the formula remains in the column instead of it changing to the symbol (bubble). The formula I used is:  =IF([Due Date] >= Today + 90, "Green", IF([Due Date] >= Today, "Yellow", "Red"))

Any help would be welcome.

Regards,

Vinton

Best Answers

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Vinton Douglas

Hope you are fine, please try the following formula an convert it to column format formula:

=IFERROR(IF(ISBLANK([Due Date]@row), "", IF([Due Date]@row >= TODAY(), "Red", IF([Due Date]@row >= TODAY(-90), "Yellow", IF([Due Date]@row < TODAY(-90), "Green")))), "")

the following screenshot shows the result:

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi Bassam,

Thanks for responding and much appreciated. I believe this might be a problem with me. I am unable to view the bubbles (Red, yellow and green dots) despite inserting the formula you created. I believe that I might not be inserting the formula on the correct platform. I am new to Smartsheet and would be grateful if you could provide further assistance so that the appropriate bubble appear based on current date. Do I insert the formula under sheet summary? or do I click the Health column I created and insert the formula. I tried both but the bubbles are still not appearing.

Regards,

Vinton

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/13/21

Hi @Vinton Douglas

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you maybe share some screenshots of what you're seeing? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/13/21

@Vinton Douglas

if you can share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

Email: Bassam.k@mobilproject.it

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Thanks much Bassam, I shared the sheet with you. Did you receive it?

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Ok @Vinton Douglas

I will check it for you now

PMP Certified

• Vinton Douglas
    Vinton Douglas ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Bassam, thanks much. The formula you created works extremely well. You are superb and much appreciated

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Vinton Douglas

Excellent, i will be happy to help you any time.

PMP Certified