filtering tasks taking place in a specific calendar week

Hi,

I've created production plan which is used by different departments for planning, checking, production capacity calculation's.

I would like to create a filter which shows all tasks taking plate in specific calendar week.

For exaple:

I know that in week 44 I will have overbooking on production capacity, if I won't reschedule some of the tasks.

I would like to have a possibility to filter all those tasks in specific week, which going to start/finish/or continue in specific calendar week.

Thank You in advance for any help from Your side.

Best Answer

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Piotr Górczewski

Could you please share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet after removing any sensitive data so I can solve this problem for you.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Piotr Górczewski 

Hope you are fine, you can do that by adding a helper column call it week number and use the following formula to calculate for each task:

=WEEKNUMBER(Date@row)

then you can create a report filtered by Department & overbooking on production capacity and group that report using Week number. the following screenshot shows a sample

PMP Certified

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Hi @Bassam Khalil,

Thank You for the hint about "WEEKNUMBER" formula.

I will have to look deper in to the potential of this solution.

Here You have an example of my schedule.

I've added "Week" column but i don't know how to write the formula which will calculate in which weeks "STEP" column Starts + have a duration and than Ends.

I'm wondering if there is any option to write this formula to show all the weeks in which each STEP exists.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Piotr Górczewski

Could you please share me as an admin on a copy of your sheet after removing any sensitive data so I can solve this problem for you.

PMP Certified

• Hi @Bassam Khalil

Thank You for Your effort. 👍👍

Check Your mailbox - YOu should have it.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Piotr Górczewski 

Sorry for delay, i add to column for you with the a WEEKNUMBER formula for Planned start & Planned Finish check it please.

PMP Certified

• Hi @Bassam Khalil ,

Thank You for Your effort.

Ho to filter al those "STEPS" from my schedule which are ongoing e.g in week 18?

For example:

STEP Assembly/Welding starts in week 17 and ends in week 25.

How to set a filter to see that row for all STEPS taking place in week 18?

I hope you understand my twisted explanation 😁

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Piotr Górczewski 

Try the following filter:

the Result:

PMP Certified