Sum column data when a employee type is selected

Pam Dunn
Pam Dunn ✭✭✭✭✭

I am building a separate report referencing a sheet.

When a specific employee type is selected:

• Freelancer

I want to to sum the numbers in these 3 columns

• Copy3pp
  • Copy edit fl
  • copy proof fl

For a particular week.

• In my report the Primary column is the week # 1-52
  • In sheet referencing I have a column called Week (weekof) in the formula below

=IF(CONTAINS({copywriterfl}, Freelancer), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copy3pp}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyeditfl}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyprooffl}))

I get error unparseable.

I tried this as well: I got the same error unparseable

=IF(CONTAINS({copywriterfl}, Freelancer, SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copy3pp}, {Copyeditfl}, {Copyprooffl}))

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Pam Dunn

Hope you are fine, Try adding parentheses on your formulas for text criteria as following:

=IF(CONTAINS({copywriterfl}, "Freelancer"), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copy3pp}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyeditfl}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyprooffl}))

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Pam Dunn
    Pam Dunn ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bassam Khalil ,

Thank you for your response,.

Your answer is exactly like my first formula that didn't work except for adding quotes around Freelancer. I added the quotes around Freelancer, but it is now coming back as Incorrect Argument.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Pam Dunn

Please check the "Freelancer" in your formula I didn't see the "" ""

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Pam Dunn
    Pam Dunn ✭✭✭✭✭

Bassam,

Thank you for your reply, but I am confused by your reply. I had provided this formula which I haven't been able to get to work.

My original formula

=IF(CONTAINS({copywriterfl}, Freelancer), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copy3pp}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyeditfl}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyprooffl}))

You replied with the following formula, the only difference I saw was adding quotes " " around Freelancer. Comparing the two formulas I did not see any difference between the parenthesis in my original formula and the one you provided. I added the quotes, but the formula still does not work.

Your proposed new formula

=IF(CONTAINS({copywriterfl}, "Freelancer"), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copy3pp}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyeditfl}), SUMIFS({Weekof}, =[Primary Column]@row, {Copyprooffl}))