Replacing a widget configure link with form URL

Alina
Alina ✭✭
edited 07/15/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi. I am using the Project Management Office Portfolio Rollup template and created my own. I'm trying to customise it and got the Widget section at the bottom. I want to replace the Widget Configure Link with a URL for a Smartsheet form that I created using templates provided, however, I get an error saying 'We couldn't find any embeddable content from this link. Check the link and try again'. When I follow the 'How to fix?' right next to it, I am directed to a generic page that goes through the various items that can be shared in a widget. For Smartsheet Forms, which is what I want, it simply says to paste URL into the Web Content Widget field, which is what I was doing in the first place.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Hi @Alina

Based on your description it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. This is how you'd enter a form URL into a Web Content Widget:

Can you clarify how you're getting the Form URL? Is it possible that you're grabbing the Sheet URL instead of the Form? The Form should say "app.smartsheet.com/b/form" at the beginning of the URL.

If this hasn't helped, it would be useful to see a screen capture of how you're entering this information with the sensitive part of the URL blocked out (like I have above).

Cheers!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now