Dashboard font formatting/ colour

Hi Folks,

In my base report, I have 3 columns selected, applied a colour to each font, and made it bold.

My assumption is that this formatting would carry through to any other filtered report I create and also to the dashboard, but it isn't - and no the Clear Formatting button is not selected ;)

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew McCreath

You are correct, if coloured formatting is applied to the source sheet, this should appear in the Reports looking at that sheet and also in the Report Widget displayed on a Dashboard.

Could you provide a screen capture of what you're seeing in the source sheet and the Dashboard (but please block out sensitive data). It would also be helpful to know how you're applying this formatting, is it manual or are you using Conditional Formatting? Can you also confirm that the way you're adding this data to a Dashboard is through the Report widget?

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Andrew McCreath

You are correct, if coloured formatting is applied to the source sheet, this should appear in the Reports looking at that sheet and also in the Report Widget displayed on a Dashboard.

Could you provide a screen capture of what you're seeing in the source sheet and the Dashboard (but please block out sensitive data). It would also be helpful to know how you're applying this formatting, is it manual or are you using Conditional Formatting? Can you also confirm that the way you're adding this data to a Dashboard is through the Report widget?

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Couldn't get it to work yesterday, cleared browser cache and working fine today - thank you for getting back to me :)

• No problem! I'm glad it works now. 🙂