Cells Not Linking

07/19/21
Answered - Pending Review

When I copy cells from one sheet and paste them onto another, I right-click and want to use the Paste Special > Links to Copied Cells option, but it's often grayed out. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. It worked for the first 20 cells and now it will not. Sometimes I can select 10 cells and it will only link 9 of them..

The info from the other sheet has been saved. The information has been highlighted and copied. I am also selecting the exact number of cells that I want to copy to in the new sheet.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Any advice?

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Zachary Richey

I hope you're well and safe!

Make sure that you stay in the same browser tab otherwise, it won't work.

Was that the issue?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.

• Yep same browser window and same tab.

• It will not even work if you right click in the cell and try to link that way.

• Andrée StaråAndrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zachary Richey

How are you selecting the ranges? Are you selecting only one cell in the Destination sheet?

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, [email protected])

SMARTSHEET PARTNER & CONSULTANT / EXPERT

W: www.workbold.com | E: [email protected] | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me about help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or something else entirely.