Calendar App

Kevin Kirsch
Kevin Kirsch ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I'm trying to customize the colors for the Calendar App. I created a Calendar initially from a Sheet directly and from there I can see the option to customize each "Category" with a custom color, but when I try to do the same using a Report as the source, it doesn't give me the option for the Custom List Order even though everything is exactly the same:

vs

I have tried refreshing the calendar, closing it, and opening and going back to the Settings but it still doesn't show any options.

Please assist

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kevin Kirsch

I am able to replicate what you're seeing, where from a Report the Assigned To column doesn't have the option to select custom colours. I checked in with our Support team on this and they confirmed that this is currently expected behaviour within the Calendar app.

Customizing your colours is available for all columns when the source of the Calendar is a sheet. However, when the source of the Calendar is a report, the colour picker option (where you can set your own custom colours) is restricted to manually added values in Dropdown columns and preset values in Symbol columns.

This means that you can select the Assign To contact list column, and there will still be colours applied based on that field, however you will not be able to customize which contact is associated with which colour. The Report configuration will auto-select default colours:

Please let our Product team know about your feedback on this feature and that you'd like to be able to customize this type of column when the source is a report by filling in this form, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Kevin Kirsch

I am able to replicate what you're seeing, where from a Report the Assigned To column doesn't have the option to select custom colours. I checked in with our Support team on this and they confirmed that this is currently expected behaviour within the Calendar app.

Customizing your colours is available for all columns when the source of the Calendar is a sheet. However, when the source of the Calendar is a report, the colour picker option (where you can set your own custom colours) is restricted to manually added values in Dropdown columns and preset values in Symbol columns.

This means that you can select the Assign To contact list column, and there will still be colours applied based on that field, however you will not be able to customize which contact is associated with which colour. The Report configuration will auto-select default colours:

Please let our Product team know about your feedback on this feature and that you'd like to be able to customize this type of column when the source is a report by filling in this form, here.

Thank you!

Genevieve

• @Genevieve P Thank you for your time, this answers my question