Report Widget Opening to a Seemingly Random Date

Options

Hi There --

I have report widgets on a dashboard and they are opening to a seemingly random date: not today's date or date of first task but first week in June. Attached screenshot. I've also had users reporting that the widget will open to the date of the first task and then open refresh of the dashboard, it will change. This seems like a bug. Ideally, we would like it to open on today's date, which I have seen that work but it seems inconsistent. Is there someone who could confirm what the expected behavior is but regardless it seems like a bug that it opens differently in some instances. Thanks!

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Terri Panfel

Yes, we have received feedback that the Report Widget does not consistently open to Today's date on a Dashboard and our team is investigating this issue. I don't have an ETA for when this may be resolved, but we're working on it.

In the meantime, ensure that all your Reports have the "Open to Today's Date" feature checked in their Project Settings.

Then as an alternative, you could Publish the Report and use a Web Content Widget instead of the Report widget.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Terri Panfel
    Options

Thank you! We will try the alternative. Is there a way to be notified or will it be included in release notes on when this issue is resolved?

• Genevieve P.
    Options

Hi @Terri Panfel

No, the fix will be applied during one of the regular app updates, in tandem with other releases, but there won't be a specific release note about the resolution. If you're still experiencing the same issue in a while and wish to check in, I would suggest contacting the Support team directly with a video of what you're seeing so they can identify if this is the same issue or a new occurrence.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now