Can I use Smartsheet forms to auto-return a value?

I am trying to automate a common request from our customer service team. My company distributes unique gift card codes to customers, but occasionally, a customer will call in and say their code isn't working. We need to send them a new one.

My goal would be to have a customer service agent use a form to submit the gift card name (by SKU), then have the form auto-respond with a unique code for the SKU, based on a sheet containing all the replacement codes.

Is something like this possible?

Example: We have a $10 Amazon Gift Card (SKU 123) and a $20 Target Gift Card (SKU 789)

SKU 123 has replacement codes of ABC, DEF, GHI; SKU 789 has replacement codes of JKL, MNO, PQR.

An agent enters into the form that they want a replacement code for 123, and the form will return ABC. The form knows not to return JKL, MNO, PQR since those are assigned to 789.

The next agent requests another replacement code for 123. The form returns DEF because it already knows ABC was distributed.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Alex Chan

I hope you're well and safe!

Yes, it's possible.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andrée,

Thanks for your quick response! I would have the agents fill out a form that looks like this, where the primary field is "Requested SKU for Replacement."

Separately, there would be a sheet that contains a list of SKUs, possible replacement codes, and whether they've already been used:

In this example, we have two SKUs, 123 and 456. Only code 544576 for SKU 123 has been used/distributed.

Let's say agent Jane Doe goes into the form and wants to request a replacement code for SKU 123:

Because Jane has inputted 123 into the last field, the form will scan the sheet, look for an unused (unchecked) row for SKU 123, and auto-reply to jane.doe@gmail.com with the code 135652.

Lastly, the sheet will auto-check "used" to show that 135652 has been sent to Jane.