Combine 2 formulas into one.

Dear Community,

Can someone please help me on this how I can combine these two formulas together. Currently I am using them in two individual columns and both formulas are working fine. The column Status Override is checkbox column and if I select the checkbox column the overdue status will be removed.

So basically first we need the show the overdue based on the first formula and if we wanted to remove the overdue status we just need to select the checkbox column "Status Override" in order to remove the overdue status.

=IF(AND(OR(CONTAINS("Assigned", Status@row), CONTAINS("In-Progress", Status@row), CONTAINS("Awaiting more Information", Status@row)), TODAY() > [Due Date]@row), "Overdue", "")

=IF([Status Override]@row = "True", "", (IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Row ID]@row, {BACKUP}, 1, 0), "") <> "", "Overdue")))

I checked the other discussion on the same topic but the solution didn't work for me hence, posting this question here again.

Answers

• Toufong Vang
    Toufong Vang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/27/21

Did you try replacing "Overdue" in your first formula with your second formula?

Without re-writing the entire formula, this would be my first attempt.

=IF(AND(OR(CONTAINS("Assigned", Status@row), CONTAINS("In-Progress", Status@row), CONTAINS("Awaiting more Information", Status@row)), TODAY() > [Due Date]@row), (IF([Status Override]@row = "True", "", (IF(IFERROR(VLOOKUP([Row ID]@row, {BACKUP}, 1, 0), "") <> "", "Overdue")))), "")

• Thanks Toufong for looking into this. I tried your first attempt formula but nothing happend in the cell. Even no error. Can you please advise any change on this. Sorry I just realized this was still in my draft.

• Bob Kahn
    Bob Kahn ✭✭✭

Hi Aatish,

I am not sure what the VLOOKUP does, but based on your description of what you are trying to achieve - I think you can just add the override flag to your "AND" statement so that it has to be Past due AND the override flag is FALSE in order for Overdue to be true.

=IF(AND(OR(CONTAINS("Assigned", Status@row), CONTAINS("In-Progress", Status@row), CONTAINS("Awaiting more Information", Status@row)), TODAY() > [Due Date]@row, [Status Override]@row <> "True"), "Overdue", "")

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!