summing up data for multiple people with text data?? and no Sheet Summary function

Hello,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me, I'm a Government user so I don't have access to all the functions that a regular user of Smartsheets would have, like Sheet Summary. So i may not be able to do what I am wanting to do, or i just can't think of how to do it.

My team has a simple task tracker where we track some daily tasks that we get and our Director has asked us to start categorizing our tasks into different topic areas, and then further categorize them into two different tier groups. I have added two drop down columns where we can choose the topic area and then another one where we can choose the tier group, I've also been able to generate reports to separate the values by topic area, people, etc..

Where i'm having trouble is there doesn't seem to be an easy way to get quick totals from reports, and my Director really just wants quick numbers that would show how many customer requests a person gets so for example he would want to know "Matt got 10 User Management requests in Tier 1 and 5 in Tier 2 in July"

I could easily look at the data and send a report to him but he wants a quick easy way and i'm just not very savy on how to do it without having actual numeric data

I have added pictures of the two columns that i have for the drop downs and a snippet of my sheet.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!