Dashboard Widget Not Calculating

Options

I am really struggling with this one! On my dashboard, I have a widget that calculates a count of my status items by color. As you see below, Blue status is tracking at 47 but my Green status shows 0.

When I click on the Green status, my report behind it shows 11 items (sample below)

When I edit the widget, and go into Data Source & Layout, the count for Green is 0.

Has anyone run into this and been able to resolve?

Thanks!

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Heather Doucette

It looks like you have a Formula in a Sheet Summary section of your sheet that we'll need to fix.

First, go to the actual source sheet. Then click on the Sheet Summary button on the right, which will open up the panel.

Find the field that says "On Track" and click on the 0 to expose the formula behind the number. You'll want to check that it's looking at the correct column in the column reference (see here), as well as that it's searching for the correct criteria. For a green status ball, you want to search for "Green", like so:

Let me know if you need help once you've found the formula! It would be useful to see a screen capture like the one above which shows the column as well as the open formula.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Heather Doucette

It looks like you have a Formula in a Sheet Summary section of your sheet that we'll need to fix.

First, go to the actual source sheet. Then click on the Sheet Summary button on the right, which will open up the panel.

Find the field that says "On Track" and click on the 0 to expose the formula behind the number. You'll want to check that it's looking at the correct column in the column reference (see here), as well as that it's searching for the correct criteria. For a green status ball, you want to search for "Green", like so:

Let me know if you need help once you've found the formula! It would be useful to see a screen capture like the one above which shows the column as well as the open formula.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Heather Doucette

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you share the formulas you're using in the Sheet Summary?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you, Genevieve! That fixed it. My formula wasn't accounting for the entire column and was missing several rows of data. I was thrown off by the report having the correct data and didn't think to go to the source sheet. Appreciate your help!

• Genevieve P.
    Options

No problem at all! I'm glad you figured it out. 🙂