Reason for missing update requests in reports

Joerg Schmidt
Joerg Schmidt ✭✭✭
edited 08/15/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Dear all,

does anyone knows the reason why you cannot see update requests in reports.

Reason for my question is that we provide reports for our hotels.f.e. to see claimed damages

Our hotel managers would like to see the update requests in their reports without changing into the origin sheet.

Would it be possible to realize ? 🧐

Best Answer

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jörg Schmidt Novum Hospitality 

Hope you are fine, your hotel managers must be licensed user to be able to send update request from the report.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Jörg Schmidt Novum Hospitality

Not sure I follow.

Do you mean that they can't see the submitted Update Requests or the ones pending, or do you want them to request an update from the report?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hi Andree,

hope you are well. For any reason I did not follow this thread until now.

Coming back to your last question I recognize that it is still not possible (I am licenced :-))

• to see update requests (no matter if the are pending or not) in a report
    • furthermore and for the same reason it is not possible to start an update request from the report
    • in the effect there does not seem to be a difference if you start a conversation or lead an update request but at least it should be possible to see the update requests for those people who are approved for the report.

is there any special meaning for this difference?

kind regards Joerg