Automated Form with Yes or No Question as first option

I have searched and searched, but no help found. Can I send an automated request to a certain person on a monthly basis asking if there a new entry that needs to be made, yes or no? When choosing no it would just send me the update that nothing needed to be added, but if yes is checked it would bring up all the fields to fill out. Note; I have some conditional logic in my form so I am familiar with it, but having a hard time figuring this out.

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jessica Zahner 

Hope you are fine, Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Here is the current form, I would like to add the yes or no question as the first question with logic bringing up all field if the designated person clicks yes. I will send picture of the sheet as soon as I blur out info. Thanks for responding so quick!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jessica Zahner

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Here is the sheet where the information is populating into. I already have some automation set up, when a subsidiary is selected it assigns a person and that person gets update requests until the cost column is no longer pending. We are requesting multiple people once a month to add to this sheet (if needed) hence where the yes or no question comes in. Let me know if you need any more information. Sorry hard to explain what I am wanting.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jessica Zahner

It sounds to me that we could use either an Update Request process or send out an alert and use the URL query feature for the form to show in the way that you need.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I'm sorry, but I am not following. I do have a few workflows going for updates once a person is assigned a column. I also have a form that people currently use to add new information. I was just hoping to add to that the yes or no question (sending to a group of people) on monthly basis and have knowledge that they either choose yes or no (yes would be easy because I get an alert when line item is added). This is the workflow I started, just stumped on the yes or no part or if this is even a correct flow