Multiple FORMS in single sheet

Hi,

Can I create multiple form using single smart sheet?

If so, can I use if condition to create 2nd form? for example, if the 1st form created and auto id is generated. Using that id, I want to create 2nd form. But when the 2 nd form is created, the information should be displayed in same row as 1st form if the value matches. Please let me know if its feasible.

Thanks!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @APalani

I hope you're well and safe!

Not exactly what you're asking, but this could probably help.

I developed a solution using two forms (or the same form by using conditional logic) that can be used to submit the main information and then the other information on a new row for each submission after the first.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• APalani
    APalani ✭✭

Thanks Andree for responding immediately,

This is the sheet I am working on, all the information are entered using a form and ECR number is generated. Once this number is generated, using 2nd form, auto populate this ECR number, and add other information. All updated inform from 1st form and 2nd form should be in single row.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @APalani

Hope you are fine, unfortunately you can't use 2 forms to update the same row because each form or even the same form only submit the data in a new row.

to do the update you have 2 options:

1- you can use the reports to make the update.

2- you can use 2 sheets sharing the same ID number for the connected data then use Vlookup Or Index with Match functions to synchronize the data update.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• TAbs
    TAbs ✭✭

@Andrée Starå - The two form solution you created, how do you create the toggle buttons between the two sheets in the main sheet?