Workflow - Not triggering

Hi Team,

We have a common schedule template we use for all projects. To that template, I have created a workflow wherein, upon go-live, it should send an automated VOC email.

Columns for the condition to meet are:

If Go live = 100% (it's automatically pulling from a row activity called Go live)

Send VOC= Is one of; it should send the survey to VOC recipients, not sure what am I missing; the workflow isn't getting triggered

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I see that you said that the Go Live % is pulling from row activity. Is this from within the same sheet or pulling from another sheet?

I have had multiple support/ProDesk sessions that were similar. When the automations are triggered by a cell with a cross sheet reference or uses a cell in the same sheet that has a cross sheet reference the automations do not run properly. It is a known issue. What I found to get around this is to set it to have a reoccurring daily automation with multiple conditions (i.e. the conditions would be Go Live% is one of 100% and Send VOC is one of Yes)

• UrbanNomad
    UrbanNomad ✭✭✭✭

@Kimberly Loveless

It's pulling from the same sheet, I got tired and frustrated now I have changed the trigger event to If Send VOC=Yes, send the survey.

The only gripe is it displays my name as the sender instead of maybe a generic Smartsheet display name.

Thanks for letting me know about the known issue.

• Kimberly Loveless
    Kimberly Loveless ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@UrbanNomad yeah Smartsheet made it so that it appears to come from the owner of the sheet instead of a generic Smartsheet display name. I am not sure if you are able to configure it differently

• I have struggled with workflows not triggering for some time and finally arrived at a solution.

The key is that there were formulas in the workflow-based sheet that triggered based on results from another sheet. If the workflow-based sheet was not open, it would never be aware that a dependency was changed.

In my case, the workflows needed to run every morning. The real challenge is that my Smartsheet-ecosystem contained a dozen such dependent workflow-based sheets.

The solution was to create a dashboard with a report from both the dependent and triggering sheets. My group SOP was updated to send me and my backup a daily message to open the dashboard and keep it open.