Lookup and allow or not allow - form user

Jason P
Jason P ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi All, hope you're all safe.

I have a two part question. We have just started a QR code asset register where users check out / In equipment by form, that part is working fine however, Ideally.

1) I would like to prevent an items check out if it has not been checked in and vice versa. Is this possible as I believe a form is data in only.

2) I would like to set a workflow that advises the Project manager when an item checked out has not been checked in by the date indicated by the form user.

Regards Jason

Cheers.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jason P

I hope you're well and safe!

1. You could either show the status on a Dashboard or have a Workflow check and not trigger or ask for an update or something similar. Make sense?
    2. You could set up an Alert that triggers from that criteria.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jason P
    Jason P ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks @Andrée Starå

As they are all contained on the one sheet its a bit of a revolving situation, for instance item 1 could appear several times in the checked out & In columns last week. Difficulty I see is how to tell a workflow to disregard the previous in or out.. I'm also keen for this sheet to not be over managed with email alerts to project or asset managers; trying to keep it simple for our contractors to simply use an item.

I'll explore workflows see how I go.

Cheers.