Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Outlook 365 Integration

Options
Cindy Hawkins
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

I'm running Office 365 and within my desktop Outlook I have highlighted an email that I want to attach to a row in Smartsheets.  I have the icon in Outlook "Add to Smartsheet".  I open that icon within Outlook and I search for the Smartsheet.  I navigate to the appropriate row and I can view all of the columns & data in that row.  I click save.

My expectation is that I should be able to view that email in the Smartsheet row as either an attachment or in the comments but it is not working.  What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Shaine Greenwood
    Options

Hi Cindy,

Are you clicking on the row first in the Smartsheet for Outlook side panel? When you click on the row, you should see text fields—with the comments text field containing the contents of the email.

If you're doing this and saving, make sure you're looking at the same sheet in Smartsheet. (You may have multiple sheets with the same or similar names.)

Otherwise, if none of the above works, contact our Support team: https://help.smartsheet.com/contact

This discussion has been closed.