Document uploading from Onedrive

Options
CTL
CTL
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

We are trying to set up Smartsheet to upload documents from a Onedrive shared account, but we are having problems because Smartsheet only presents me the option to select files from my own personal OneDrive (for Business) storage, not the Sharepoint sites documents that I have also access to through OneDrive. We achieved see these folders and their contents by adding a direct access to the personal Onedrive but it is not possible to upload the documents.

It is not possible for each user to attach the documentation that they have previously uploaded to a common folder because this folder is not in each user's personal storage.

Does anyone know if there is a problem with the application settings or it is not possible to do it.?

Answers

• Krissia B.
    Krissia B. Moderator
    Options

Hello @CTL

We currently do not have a programmed capability for that specific feature to allow files from a OneDrive shared account, but it is a really great idea! I recommend submitting an enhancement request to be considered for future development.

In the meantime, an alternate solution is the option of downloading these documents on to your computer or creating a copy of the item directly from your OneDrive and then uploading them to your sheet as an attachment.

Alternatively you would have the option to add the hyperlink of your document and paste the link on a cell. Visit the link here: Create a Hyperlink with regards to creating a hyperlink in Smartsheet.

Cheers,

Krissia