Making Calls and Emails Clickable

I've created a directory for my company that I love but this one issue may be a deal breaker. Some of our staff work exclusively from their phones and so when they go to the directory they need to be able to click a phone number and call the person they are looking for. The way my directory is setup is there is a sheet with all employee info, and then a report for each Department. Then a dashboard to display all the departments. This dashboard is what they would be accessing.

I don't see a way to do this for phones or emails unless I'm entering the info on the original sheet incorrectly. I also wish it would open the publish dashboard in smartsheets if you have the app on the phone as the dashboard doesn't display mobile friendly. Any advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Answers

• Hi @Steve Krutsch

There currently isn't a way to make emails and phone calls clickable from a Dashboard widget, as you've found. Please let our Product team know this is something you would find useful, detailing your use-case, by filling in this form, here!

Thank you,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• zealvert
    zealvert ✭✭✭✭

Hello @Steve Krutsch you can convert both —a phone number and an email to a clickable hyperlink. Just change the current view of the sheet to "Mobile View", and you will have the option to click the phone or email, which will automatically display the a popup with an option titled "Open Link". Choosing this option will automatically display the respective app (i.e. phone app for phone number, and email app for email ID).

Hope this helps.

Zeal Vert