Looking for alternative to Calendar App

Mary Vogt
Mary Vogt ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 08/10/21 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi, Community,

I'm in sort of a bind as our college didn't renew our Calendar App purchase. I had built a huge planning calendar project that depended on the Calendar App to pull everything together.

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how I can still find a way to pull up tasks from multiple sheets onto a Dashboard?

The project is a sheet which pulls in 25 underlying sheets via link. All 25 sheets are separate projects, but use the same template.

I am open to ideas, but have run out of my own.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Answers

• Hi @Mary Vogt

Would you be able to use a Report instead? You can pull all 25 sheets into one Report, change the view display to be Calendar View, then embed this view into a Dashboard using the Publish link (with a default view of "Calendar") via the Web Content Widget.

If you need to colour-code the tasks based on the sheet, you can apply Conditional Formatting rules in the source sheets to colour task bars. This formatting will pull up into the Report automatically.

Users won't be able to edit tasks from this view, but if they double-click on the task name it will bring up a window with more detail.

Let me know if this will work for you or not! If not, it would be helpful to see a screen capture of your set-up and maybe a mock-up of the desired result? But please block out any sensitive data.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Mary Vogt
    Mary Vogt ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi, Genevieve,

Thank you for this solution. I'll give it a try!

I truly appreciate it. Might have more questions but I think I get it.

Mary